Not only is someone reading my blog...besides my husband
who is legally contracted and my mother who is biologically required who both thoroughly enjoy reading it...ANYWAY...someone, namely Kameron at A Wrinkle in Time, actually LIKES my blog. In all honesty it's probably that Kameron is comforted by the fact that at least she's not as bad off as that poor lady over at "Life as we know it...." Thanks, Kam...it is so appreciated and thanks for always stopping by!
Not because I don't think any blogs out there are fabulous, but the majority of the ones I read have already received this award! So, I'm in a way cool, way fabulous, totally awesome blogging circle!!
Hi! My name is Nikki and I'm addicted to...
1. Dr.Pepper...I know, I posted a little while back that I was saying so long to my dear friend...well, I promise I've only had one...alright, maybe two...definitely not more than a case of Dr.Pepper since that post! I'm still somewhat addicted...if they had a patch for Dr.Pepper...I'd be on it!
2. Wearing ear plugs to sleep. Don't freak out...I know what you're gonna say. My husband could sleep through a tornado and it's probably not very safe to tune the world out while I sleep. But, years of listening for the whimpers of hungry or sick babies has left me a very light sleeper. The One snores like a freight train and if I don't wear ear plugs...I toss and turn to every little sound. Besides...the kids know that I wear them...so, if they need me in the wee hours of the morn...they lovingly tap me on the forehead to wake me up!
3. Guitar Hero and/or Rockband. I friggin love that game. I fight with the kids about whose turn it is to play. Then when I do get a turn...I totally hog it and never let them back on. It's a little silly, I know...what can I say?
4. Teaching myself how to play the guitar...a real guitar, not a silly video game. This is a recent addiction. I've just started on this endeavor...but, once I start, it's really hard for me to stop. I get lost online searching for new lessons, easy songs, and scales to learn. It's a slow go...my fingertips are numb and have been for 2 weeks now. Will I ever feel them again?
5. Blogging.. It's ridiculous how much time I spend on here. It's actually embarrassing. Reading, writing and planning posts. Since I'm just starting out...I have so many stories about the kids that have happened in the past that I want to get down on paper to save for the kids one day. Besides therapy...I'm hoping that this blog will be fun for the kids to read when they're older. I'm sure they'll hate me for some of it...but I think I can live with that!