Thursday, November 6, 2008

Did you feel that?

I'm hoping it was the winds of change that I was feeling yesterday!!!

I'll admit I had a huge problem with handing the reigns of our nation over to someone with the middle name, Hussein. That was my hangup. So much so that I didn't really follow the election...like I said before I considered it a big joke.

But, I made myself watch Obamas's acceptance speech Tuesday night and was quite impressed.

I don't care what color you are or what your religion...what happened here was amazing. Before the decision...I was losing a little faith in our country. I had lost a little pride in being an American. But, sitting in front of the tv watching the president elect speak for the first time...I have to say that I am very proud of our nation.

We've come a long way and there's no telling where we'll go from here. Go us!

1 comments:

Kameron said...

My husband had that same problem. I was also very impressed with his speech. The fact that the youth of the nation was motivated in record numbers to vote says a lot. I think the younger generation has a lot of "me first" thinking, but this time they finally realized that they needed to have a say in the future of our country.