Tuesday, November 4, 2008

By the power of Greyskull....I am the power!!!

Me: C'mon buddy, we have to run to the store.

Jack: But, I'm playing video games.

Me: There, I paused it, now let's go.

Jack: Oh man...now I'm gonna lose and it's gonna be over when we get back.

Me: No it won't...I paused it, it will be exactly where you left it.

Jack: How do you know?

Me: Because...I'm the Mom and I know things.

Jack: Because you're the Mom and you're the Master.

Me: Yes, son...because I am the Master of the Universe...say it.

Jack: (quizzically) Mom is the Master of the Universe??"

Me: Good job...now buckle up!



Brought back so many memories of my brother pinning me to the ground and telling me that he wouldn't let me up until I said, "You are the master." He would say, "Who is the master?"...I would say, "You are." He would say, "Say, Rusty is the Master." I would say, "Rusty is a scumbag." He would then threaten my life and start tickling me while I was being held down...which is my kryptonite! Finally, I would fold and say it, "Rusty, you are the Master."He would let me go....for the time being, anyway!

No wonder I'm so claustrophobic!!!

2 comments:

Kameron said...

I have a brother that is 2 years younger than me. He got bigger than me at one point and I remember several occasions just as you described. I too am clausterphobic! :o)

Anonymous said...

That's funny, I haven't thought of that show in so long.