Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Jingle bells, shotgun shells...Robin laid an egg!

So, Christmas is coming and I'm excited. My favorite part of the holiday...besides spending time with family, of course...oh and besides the AMAZING food...well, we can't forget all the presents...that's a good part, too...

Okay...ONE of my MANY favorite things about the holiday is our holiday cards. Last night my husband and I came up with our idea for this years photo and I can't wait to do it.

Thought I'd share my holiday cards from the past 2 years.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Not meaning to brag...well, yeah, I am kinda meaning to brag...our holiday cards are somewhat famous around these parts.

A couple of examples for you...a couple of years ago a friend of ours invited us to a holiday party at his friends house. We had never met this new friend and didn't have plans, so we went. When we got there, and our Christmas card, "Happy Friggin Holidays", was on his mantle...on the mantle of a couple who we'd never met. He saw the card at our friends house and asked for a copy of it to display!

Another story...this past weekend while we're in Austin...we're sitting at a dive bar with our friend who we were visiting and in walks some friends of his. The guy comes up, Tucker introduces us to him and he says, "Where do I know you from?" We ramble about the places we've been and schools, etc..., to try to find something in common...then it hits him. He says, "Ooooh, I know...you guys are the one on the gangster Christmas card." We laugh, sign some autographs...and he was on his way.

Alright, my humility has returned...but still, cheesy kids and parents smiling in sweater vests, wear me out!!!

1 comments:

Kameron said...

That is hilarious! What do I have to do to get on the mailing list? ;o)