Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Or not!!

I got a phone call late yesterday afternoon.

After my conversation with Roz, and after I had set my last bitch fest blog post to publish.

It was Roz. Good ole Roz. She had an opening with Dr. A first thing this morning!!

Alright, Universe...I'm listening!

So, I get to the office, sit down, and Dr. A starts...

"I'm assuming you want to know where you are, why you're here, and what you need to do now. Well, I pulled your file, and you didn't get in because your application was incomplete."

I jump in, "Incomplete?! No way. That's not possible. I hand delivered my application, transcripts, and shot records because I didn't trust the USPS. I didn't want anything falling through the cracks. The only transcript that I didnt' hand deliver was the one from here. The one that I requested be sent from records up here to the third floor. What was I missing?"

Dr. A says, "Yeah. That's the transcript that didn't make it. The one from this college."

Desperately trying to lower my heartrate and blood pressure with some serious yoga breathing, I muster, "YOU'VE.GOT.TO.BE.KIDDING.ME!!"

"No. I'm sorry. I just hate that stuff like this happens. Just look. Look at your file. Your test scores are excellent. Your GPA is outstanding. You have taken all of your support courses, and pre-requisites. You look great. The good news is that you're in a decent position on the waiting list. If you'll get us a transcript, you just might still get in for January. Worst case, you're a shoe-in for the Fall 2010 program."

*sigh*

While this news makes me want to go to the records office and rip the heads off of those ladies with their denim shirts, and their rolling chairs, and their fucking computers is a little frustrating, I'm relieved.

I'm relieved that the reason I didn't get into nursing school is not because I am not smart enough, or not good enough...it's because the jackasses in records are incompetent morons!!

THAT thought comforts me!!

Maybe the universe was just trying to tell me to quit crying like a little bitch, and hold my horses!!

13 comments:

Jes said...

Yay!! So glad to hear the good news! I thought it sounded a little fishy that you didn't get in! Congratulations!

Kristine said...

Oh wow, how damn annoying and frustrating is that!!! I have had similar experiences like this happen at my school as well. I would feel just like you and would want to knock some heads off of a few secretaries shoulders! I swear, crap like this happens a lot! Well, atleast you reconsidered nursing and you still might get in for the winter!!! Fingers crossed!

Maggy said...

how annoying! hang in there! it'll happen with time :)

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

Woooooooooo hooooooooo! I'm so excited for you!

Kimmy said...

That's wonderful!! However, I would be just as pissed of as you! How hard is it to send transcripts up within the same school?! LAME!

Stacey said...

Are you kidding me?! They can't get the transcripts from their own school??? That would really piss me off! You better get in next time!

Heidi said...

Well, that's just stupid. Awesome for you and your super awesome scores. Confidence boost right there.

Allie said...

Uuuuggghhhh, that is almost hard to believe! And also so insane that the person that reviewed your file & deemed "incomplete" didn't have the foresight to call her smoke break buddies upstairs & have them bring the transcript down on their next trip to the vending machine! At least now you know & you don't have to wonder why you didn't get in!

Kameron said...

That's pretty bad when the college can't get their shit together and tranfer a transcript within their OWN school! I knew you had the awesomeness!

Kaolinmommy said...

This is both encouraging and ridiculous at the same time. I hope it works out for January!

Rassles said...

you can work it.

Candi said...

I'm glad to hear that it was just the stupid school and not the universe telling you not to be a nurse. It's always worse when it's one of your own. When it's someone else's you won't be that affected. Or maybe that's just me. I just don't like other people's kids quite as much, lol.

heidi said...

Wait..so..they lost the transcript FROM THEIR OWN SCHOOL? WTF? Totally their fault, not yours. The world is filled with morons, dumbasses, and people that drive like idiots - I swear it.