Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Happy Birthday...AGAIN!

We're celebrating another birthday in the Bullock household, today.

For This One...

Photobucket

He's 6.

And we're sooooooo surprised he's still alive proud of him!

In honor of my boy, on his birthday, I'll share a little conversation I had with him the other day while we were looking through old pictures.

We stumbled across a picture of me nursing Lily when she was a newborn.

*That's so National Geographic, huh?*

Out of the corner of my eye, I can see Jack perk up a bit. He says with a start, "No.No.No. Wait. Go back to that picture. Yeah, that one. Is Lily sucking on your boob?!"

*Nice, right? He calls it a boob...just like a grown ass man.*

I respond, "Yes. She is breastfeeding. That's how moms feed their babies. The milk from their breasts."

With surprise and uncertainty in his voice, he says, "So, the babies just suck on their moms boobs?"

I answer, "Yes, son. That's how they get the breast milk."

Still not satisfied, Jack says, "Let me see. Can you make some milk now?"

"Uh, no kid. I can't put on a show. Moms only make milk right after the baby comes out of their tummy."

Next question, "Well, Mom. Did I used to suck on your boobs when I was a baby?"

I am starting to get a little uncomfortable hearing my 5 year old talk about sucking boobs. Hoping this will be the end of the inquisition, I say, "Yes, son, you did. You all did."

Jack pauses for a minute, still chewing on this new nugget of knowledge he has been given. With a sly grin he concludes, "That is so cool!!"

Happy Birthday...ya little perv!!

8 comments:

Kameron said...

He looks like a mini version of your hubby in that picture! He is a crack up and I can't believe he is 6. How damn long have I been reading your blog?

Alicia W. said...

I just took notes. My day is coming I'm sure it will go something like
"MOM why does your tits look like utters"? Son, that's because I breastfed you and your sister you little shit.. that's why I have utters for titties. Now get out of here and quit staring, lol.

Janelle said...

Boys...always so inquisitive! Now you know he's gonna go to school and tell all his friends!
Happy Birthday Big Guy!

Maggy said...

BOYS. MEN. They're all the same. Ha Ha, great post!

Heidi said...

Oh crap I'm wiping away the tears of laughter. Holy crap that was funny.

Kimmy said...

LMAO! That is too hilarious! Yeah, I can see how that can be uncomfortable. As I kept reading, I was feeling uncomfortable for you...LOL!

Happy Birthday, Dude!

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

What a great story! Definitely one to share for many years to come!
Happy Birthday, Jack! :)

Candi said...

Oh my gosh, believe me it's not just pervy little boys, my daughter always gets fascinated when she sees that ONE picture that Eugene took of me breastfeeding her & she is so in awe. She's like "I was sucking on your boob?" Yes child, for the hundredth time, you were sucking on my boob!! How many times do you really need to answer that question, lol!!