Monday, March 29, 2010

They’re definitely addicting…

Saturday night, the kids were hanging with my mom.  Jake and I went to eat oysters, then, went to hang with good friends. 

I wasn’t feeling great.  I was suffering the lingering effects of a domestic dispute (no pun intended, Allie!) I’d had with a box of wine, the night before.  A conniving little bitch, that Crisp White Zen, is.  She got loud, and rowdy, and we had a fight.  It was ugly.  I threatened to leave her, and never see her again.  She apologized, and seemed sincere.  She doesn’t normally treat me like that.  I will likely forgive her.  I just can’t quit her!   

Anyway…

I’d decided that my vice for the night would be to get the new tattoo that I’d wanted. 

When I’m in school, and later working, I figure that I won’t be able to wear my wedding ring, due to the constant hand washing and glove wearing.  I didn’t want to put my ring on a chain.  I would worry that it’d fall off.  I have bad luck with valuable necklaces. 

The obvious solution to this non-problem, for a tattoo lover, is a finger tattoo.  I added another to my collection…

IMG_9386

I asked Jake to pick the symbol, or design for it.  Just for fun.  His first idea was to tattoo, “EL TORO,” on my finger.  The Bull, en espanol…for the first part of our last name.  I thought it was hilarious, and genius, and damn-near went through with it.  But, I came to my senses and figured that a finger tat isn’t very “professional,” and one that says “EL TORO,” is straight up gangster!!!  And a gangster, I am not!!

I love it. 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE!!! I've told hubby dozens of times that I want to do tattoo wedding bands! Love yours!

Donnetta said...

Awesome!!

My conniving bitch is Margarita. At times she's more of a mistress, but whatever works. :)

JC said...

Very class, in my opinion!

Adoptive Momma said...

Love it.

*Jess* said...

can I ask if it hurt? I've been too chicken to get any tattoos anywhere besides my flabby back!

Bridget said...

Neat idea, love the new tattoo!

Kimmy said...

Love it!! What a great idea too :O)

S.I.F. said...

I love it too! I was just telling someone about your new tattoo today (so hope that doesn't make me creepy!) because I could so see myself doing something like that instead of a ring!

And yes, El Toro is gangster - but it would have been HILARIOUS!

Nikki B. said...

robin - you should totally do it! thanks!

donnetta - margarita is def the mistress type. not the marrying kind!!

JC - as classy as a finger tat gets, i suppose!!

AM2 - thanks!!!

*jess* - no...i don't think they hurt. they give me chills, and oddly, kind of feel good. true sign of an addict!!

bridget - thanks!!!

kimmy - we'll see how great an idea i think it is when i'm 80!

SIF - i so wanted to do EL TORO...but, i also want a career. i couldn't fall in love with the full rings, but, this symbol was a good alternative!!

Rassles said...

Well, you know that you need to get "el toro" tattooed somewhere else now, right? Right.

Nikki B. said...

rassles - effing brilliant idea!!! it's officially in the queue...now, where to put it??