Thursday, March 4, 2010

10 Year Game…

Robin at Lolidots tagged me on the 10 Year Game, so I’m playing along.  Thanks, Robin!

Simple game.  Describe where I’ll be/hope to be in 10 years, and tag 10 people to play along!

The year 2020!!!  WTF??  If it’s 2020…then, I should be living in a sky-apartment, with a flying car, a robot maid named Rosie, and a talking dog named Astro.  My boss, Mr. Spacely, will probably be an ass!

Or not…

I will be…well, 10 years older!  I’ll be 42!  Jake and I will have been married for…21 years!  I expect that the only thing I’ll feel, 21 years in, that’s different from 11 years in, is a whole lot more more love and life experiences to smile about!!

The kids will be 16, 18, and 20!!!!  HOLY SHIT!!  Which means, I will be on Zoloft, Xanex, and horse tranquilizers, just to stay sane!!  If they’re anything like their father and I, there is a slight chance that I could be a grandmother!  Unless they find a cure for teen pregnancy in the next 10 years!!  On the bright side, it means 2/3 of my brood, will be very, very close to making their own way in the world!!

I will be a nurse.  Hopefully, in 10 years, I will have my Master’s, and will be working as a Transplant Coordinator.  That’s my dream job. 

I may not have a robot maid, but, I hope to have a maid.  It’s one of the first things I will buy with my income!!  I hope to have a little space for photography.  Maybe a small studio on our property.  I love it, and hope that I’m still passionate about it in 10 years! 

I hope to still be writing…blogging.  I don’t know what blogging will be down the road, or, if it will be, but, I hope to find, or maintain, some sort of outlet.  I’m sure, 10 years from now, I’ll get a kick at reading through the posts of this blog, and laughing.  Laughing at myself…my naiveity…and the memories that we’ve made.   

I don’t expect to be in our dream home, just yet.  We’re going to let Jack finish high school, before we pack up and move to Austin.  So, in 10 years, we might just be in the beginning stages of preparations for that. 

While having teenagers, and young adults in our house will, undoubtedly, be trying, I expect it to be somewhat rewarding, to begin to reap the benefits of our child rearing.  To watch them venture out on their own.  To watch them fall, and fail.  To watch them pick themselves up, and to watch them succeed! 

Now, for who I’ll tag…

Kameron

Kristi

Kristin

Ali

Jes

Donnetta

Margaret

Stacey

Kimmy

Katrina

8 comments:

Allie said...

I loved reading that. I'm way to scared to actaully post what I think my life will be in 10 days...cause I'll bet it will be the exact same only with MORE gray hair & glasses!

Tessa said...

love that you are going to be a transplant coordinator! so sweet!
what a great 10 year plan. I hear Austin is very cool.

kristi said...

Wow! Okay, I've got to think about this one.

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Glad to stop by...and to think of my life in 10 years. I've been thinking of that myself. I hope to have my master's as well!

Kimmy said...

Oh YAH!!! Thanks, Nikki!! I shall get on the ball!!

Anonymous said...

LOL! Your necessary medications for your kids' teen years reads like an Eminem song!

Should we just start calling you Grammy now...you know, to get you ready for it! ;-)

heidi said...

That was fun to read! You WILL be a Transplant Coordinator, Nikki. You just will.

Candi said...

I love it. Just like you my first item to purchase with my newly pumped up income after graduating school is...A MAID!!! I freaking HATE to clean the house!!!! Now I love it clean, I just don't want to be the one that does it. :)