Monday, March 22, 2010

Revisiting, “My hometown…”

I have an update on  this post! 

About this billboard…

racybillboard

We passed by the infamous "Stop vegetable abuse" billboard this weekend, after picking up the kids from my MIL's, on our way back from Austin. 

I had kind of forgotten about it, when Jack yelled from the back seat, "HEY!  look at the giant pickle!!" 

Avery corrected him, "It's not a pickle, stupid, it's a zuchini." 

Lily, a pickle lover, said, "No.  It's a pickle.  With a face."

They argued amongst themselves for a few minutes, and none of them, all of whom can read, ever noticed the "Stop vegetable abuse," or, the underlying message.  It flew right over their pretty little heads!! 

So, if I were on the show, Mythbusters, this one would be BUSTED!!!! 

My 10, 8, and 6 year olds are not traumatized, neither are they now privy to the masturbatory practices of some desperate women.  To anyone who thinks the billboard is offensive, lighten up! 

2 out of 3 kids agree that it's just a cute, giant pickle with a face...1 out of 3, thinks it's a zuchini!!!

4 comments:

Kameron said...

I thought it was a cucumber. In which case 2 out of three would be half right! ;o)

MollyinMinn said...

Oh my, I hadn't seen that. But it's a riot no matter the veggie.

Margaret said...

I agree with you. I don't think most kids would even get what the sign is saying. They just think it is cute!

Momof3inVA said...

Hey, wait, isn't it a fresh cucumber...I think a pickle, being on the softer side, wouldn't be of much use, right? ;)