Monday, October 12, 2009

Gamer brain...

Video killed the radio star, and video games have killed the brain cells of my children.

This weekend, I had the following conversation with Jack.

Me: Hey, buddy...look. That's where Bubba will go to school next year. That will be his new school.

Jack: He's going there tomorrow?

Me: No, sweetie...not tomorrow. I said next year.

Jack: Oh...you mean after these home days? On Monday?

*Thank goodness he's so pretty!*

Me: No...I said next YEAR! Like, after he finishes fourth grade.

Jack: Ooooooooh...you mean...like...wait, what comes after fourth? Oh yeah...fifth. After he beats this level, he'll go to the fifth grade at that school?

*Yes, son. That's exactly what I mean. After he defeats the dragon and saves the princess at your school...he's going to a new world!*

Me: Dude...you have got to lay off the video games!

4 comments:

Jes said...

lol That's too funny! I seem to find myself in some equally frustrating conversations with Justin, the video game king around here. I have to remind myself to take deep breaths and not to knock his head off! Drives me nuts!

Kameron said...

Well, he is pretty. That will take him far in life! ;o) Video games are bad. i think I will pretend they don't exist and not ever let Natey play. Bwahahahaha. Yeah that sounds like an excellent plan!

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

He's pretty AND funny!!! ;) Isn't that just insane! I imagine that when I am commenting on blogs, that is what I sound like:

Kid: Mom can I have a life size snicker for breakfast?
Me: Sure
Kid: Really, that is awesome.
Me: Wait what did I say yes to???? UGHHH

Kimmy said...

LOL! It's amazing how these kids have forgotten the "old fashion" way of playing and having fun!!