Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Tuesdays with Cletus...

I have a bit of a bone to pick with Cletus.

Last night we were discussing some of the gross things we'll see when we become nurses, or begin working in the medical field. We talked about snot...and blood...and vomit...and poop...and men "falling on flashlights in the shower" and having to seek emergency medical attention when the flashlight is lodged inside their rectum (yeah, right dude...that's how the flashlight got there!)...and holding up fat rolls so babies can find their way out of the vaginas of morbidly obese women...which led to the following Cletus-ism:

"Any a you who wanna work in Gyn-o-colugy or watch babies being born should thank about whether or not you can hannle it. 'Cuz some of us ladies are RRRRANK down there!"

I would like to respond by saying...

Speak for yourself Cletus...'cuz my shit smells like roses and daisies and at the very least, GINGER!

8 comments:

Heidi said...

Is it wrong that I got all giddy when seeing there was another Cletus post? Anywho.... I for one, could not handle anyone's stank..... I would go into dentistry.

Kameron said...

Heidi has obviously never seen the inside of some people's mouths!! Ewwww! My "fondest" memory from working in a hospital was the 50-something, obese man with a hemmoroid that had to be lanced. That was sure a pretty site. Ok, off to eat my lunch! ;o)

Jess said...

Add that to another reason why I could never, ever work in the medical world.

heidi said...

I love to ask all my OB/GYN's - "So, what inspired you to work with female genetalia?" There response is always a shocked look and then 'I love the OB side of things." I asked my GYN of 12 years once if his sex life suffered because he was elbow deep all day. Poor man about fell off his chair.

Kimmy said...

That is just wrong on so many levels...lol!

Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica said...

Love it...but man, just wait. So true. Its NOT just in the gyno office/L&D...its in the ER too. We have to cath people or better yet, check those "skin folds" for things growing that should NOT be there!! I love Cletus!! Just remember, a surgical mask with a little peppermint oil on the inside or some iodaform gauze dispersed throughout the room. Im with you though...people, check your damn selves!! No one wants to smell RRRANKKK!! Keep your genitals CLEAN!!

Brooke said...

I'm a bit behind on my blog reading, but just wanted to say that I love Tuesdays with Cletus!