Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The evolution of Jack...

My baby is growing up.

I have seriously mixed emotions about it.

I'm looking at my kids and realizing that those endless baby days are behind us and we are right around the corner from their adolesence. While that thought mostly scares the ever lovin' shit out of me...it also makes me a little bit sad.

Photobucket

For all of his life, TOWGAWM has had this great, curly hair. I loved it...honestly, everyone did. Family, friends, teachers, even strangers would comment on the kids hair. It was his thing...he was like fucking Samson!

Photobucket

I held my breath with each trim wondering if this was the one when his curls would disappear. They held on for a long time, but have recently begun to fade. So, last week, for the first time in his life...I shaved the kids' head. While I could never picture anything but curls, framing my baby boy's face, I must admit...

Photobucket

...he rocks his 'hawk pretty EFFING HARD!!

16 comments:

Tim said...

Thats great I love it! Especially how hes rocking it with the Rockband guitar. Yeaaahh!

Is he lefty?

Bubbles

P.S. That is exactly the kind of hawk i was telling Carey we should get Will.

Unknown said...

Those curls were beautiful! I can't believe his hair used to be that curly! That is sad to see them gone. But he seems pretty excited about his new hawk!

Kameron said...

You are so right though, he looks so much more grown up. I am following the Nikki mantra and not cutting Natey's curls off until it is absolutely necessary. The same thing happens when we go out. Everyone loves his curls. The only thing is, even with a freaking dump truck on his shirt, some peole still ask me if he is a boy. Come on people, don't you think I'd have bows galore in those curls if he was a girl.

He does rock the hawk, I must admit!

Kameron said...

Oh and I LOVE LOVE LOVE that first pic of him. It is priceless!

Tina said...

He is so cute....

Love the hawk.....so grown up looking!

heidi said...

SWEET! I wanted to get Corbs a hawk for summer but his hair just isn't long enough or thick enough yet. Jack has AMAZING eyes. His hair might've been something else but those eyes are gonna knock em dead.

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

I love it!
Man, I can see why you'd have a hard time letting those curls go. :)

Alicia W. said...

Damn you make some pretty kids! Those curls were so f'n adorable! I would have left them in as long as possible too.

LOVING the fo'hawk! That is a really good pic - totally frame worthy for sure! Not that any of your pics aren't... Ahh fuck - you know what I mean! :o)

Rassles said...

That kid is going to be trouble. The good kind.

Kimmy said...

He is a handsome little boy! Watch out! All your kids are simply adorable!!

I have to admit, I too am having a hard time with my little one growing up. It's heartwrenching. :o(

Helene said...

I love it! It makes him look super cool...kinda like a "don't mess with me" kinda kid.

We just got one of my little twins a faux-hawk cut and he looks totally cool!

Tatman said...

Rock on, Jack! HARDCORE! Now you just need a few GWAR albums, lol!!!

Unknown said...

Watch out! Those eyes are gonna get him some cuties!

Tim said...

Oh yeah I forgot to say..... Jacks hair is WAAYY curlier than Wills has ever been so Im sure he will grow out of them too. :( Probably why we are so hesitant to cut it. The last time we did the curls he had went away and didnt come back until it grew back. Whos to say they dont come back at all this time.

How old was he when they started going away?

Bubbles

kristi said...

Handsome little guy!

Tim said...

I know I dont say this often, and its not like you dont already know it cause you do....... but, dude you've got some cute kids!

See I told you that you already knew it. Posting your button now!

Bubbles