Sunday, January 10, 2010

Conversations in the bathroom...

I have some of the most entertaining conversations with my youngest son, between the closed doors of public bathroom stalls.

The kid always has to poop. No matter where we may be. If Avery is with us, he will accompany the boy to the throne. But, if it's just me and the boy, I make him go to the ladies room with me. Because he gets bored in there. And he likes to strike up a conversation while he evacuates his colon...and I DON'T want him striking up conversations with pedofiles.

Anway, this was a convo from the other day...

Him: So, I still don't get it. Girls pee and poop out of the same place.

**SIGH...I have had this SAME EFFING conversation with the kid a THOUSAND times. I try my hardest to explain that there are THREE entirely separate processes going on in our girly bottoms, and that I do not expect him to even coming close to understanding it at six years old. Hell...his father barely understands it at thirty-four!! That shit is, and always will be, an enigma to men!!**

Me: Same general area, yes. Same exact place, no.

Him: Ooooooh yeah. Boys have a penis...and girls have a brain. Right?

Me: That is EXACTLY right, son...perfectly put. You are so smart!! Now, wipe, flush, and let's go!

Gotta love that kid! He's so insightful!!

9 comments:

Stacey said...

He's a smart boy! Too bad his brain will go to mush once he hits puberty! Just like the rest of them!

kristin said...

Great stuff!

My son is a story teller too, I finally videotaped it. He is too freakin' funny!

I'm glad you have it documented that he said that b/c I am sure he won't believe you down the line!

Good stuff!

Kimmy said...

That is so great that he's got it figured out at such a young age!! LOL

Unknown said...

He's a keeper!

kristi said...

Hey, a smart guy you have there!

Anonymous said...

Oh holy crap, that's awesome!

Kameron said...

Six of one, half dozen of another!! Ha!

momma23 said...

Your kids crack me up. This had me laughing out loud. Great reasoning kid!

Tina said...

How funny......always a great story to tell that makes me laugh!

HUGS