Thursday, July 23, 2009

Who's on first...

Anatomy and Physiology 2 started up last week and we hit the floor running...got right down to 'business', jumped in 'head' first, 'balls' to the wall.

See where I'm going with this?

For three hours a day for the past several days, I've been inundated with facts and terms and actions of the reproductive systems. Not so bad, right. I mean, who wouldn't want to look at pictures of penises and vaginas all day?

Since I've been out of the workforce so long, I'm still developing the skills to separate work from home. I'm trying to teach myself to compartmentalize everything...and as a nurse, I'm sure it's a vital skill.

Well, I'm not that good at it, yet. At all.

The other day, the fiery flames of passion were ignited and Jake was rounding third base, heading for home....

When what in my wondering mind does appear???

Seminal vesicles, epididymises (epididymi?), and his vas deferens...seminiferous tubules, his prostate...and the route of his sperm.

Actually, I thought it was hilarious, and said, "Do you know what your corpora cavernosa are doing right now? Do you have any idea how many millions of sperm have just been given their marching orders? And...get this...I did the math, and sperm can travel over 11 miles/hour. That's pretty impressive consideri---"

Jake interrupts with, "Really? Seriously?? This is NOT COOL!!!"

Aaaaaaaaand...back to first base, he went!!

blog comments powered by Disqus