Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Proud isn’t a strong enough word…

The same little girl, who at her first birthday, would only look at the ground, because the crowd made her uncomfortable…

The same little girl, who wouldn’t open her presents at her 2nd birthday, while the guests were watching... 

The same little girl, who, for every soccer picture I have of her between the ages of 3-5, her hands are covering her eyes, and she’s almost in tears... 

The same little girl, who wouldn’t speak to her father when he came home at the end of the day, because he’d been gone all day, at work, and she hadn’t warmed back up to him, yet (Jake used to joke, that it was like 50 First Dates, with Lily)... 

Yesterday, I watched that same little girl, sing and dance in front of her entire school.  A crowd of about 400 peers, and their teachers. 

And, last night, at a repeat performance, I watched that same little girl, get up on a stage, and sing and dance for a crowd of about 100, parents and a handful of peers. 

IMG_6550 IMG_6562IMG_6580 

And she was amazing!!!

I don’t know what’s wrong with the color…but, here’s the proof:

Proud doesn’t even ALMOST describe what I’m feeling!

12 comments:

Tracy said...

What a cute perfomance. And you should be very proud. How many kids have the nerve to get up there and do that? I bet not many.

*Jess* said...

You go, girl!! I bet you are bursting at the seams with pride!!

Allie said...

Way to go girl!

Jes said...

That's 1000 x's the most I have ever heard her voice before :) She did great! What a brave girl!

Kameron said...

Gah! Damned Nazi work blocking the video! Cute pics! I will watch it when I get home...and probably comment again!

Scott S. said...

Nikki, that is awesome that your daughter got up there and nailed it. I bet she will be doing more of that now.

Stacey said...

Amazing job! I could never do that!

Kimmy said...

OMG!! That is so cute! Boy, and I'm nervous about taking pictures infront of a couple parents??? LOL You daughter sure is a brave little girl. I could NOT have done that. What to go Lily!!!!! She was awesome!

BTW...We love that song in our house. My daughter is such a Miley fan. Her room is all Hannah Montana/Miley. Love it!

Bridget said...

WOOHOO Lily!!! She was amazing!

S.I.F. said...

So cool! I'M proud of her, and I've never even met her! The guts that kid of yours has Nikki! And they were adorable in their little matching shirts... I just love it!

eureka! said...

Oh my gosh. She nailed it! So awesome!

Anonymous said...

She rocked it!!! Did you tear up?? I would have had to fight the tears.