Sunday, May 2, 2010

My best shot…

A wedding photographer, I am not…but, that didn’t keep me from giving it a whirl.  It was a small, laid back affair…a cousin of a friend from high school.  It was supposed to be an outdoor wedding…which is one of the only reasons I thought I might be able to pull it off. 

Rule number one, in wedding photography…never, ever, trust the weather to do what it is supposed to do, or rather, what you need it to do!!

It rained…on the big day! 

Ironic…cliché…and a total a cog in the gears of my confidence!!

But, I did my best, and while the pictures weren’t as wonderful as I’d hoped…this one picture, made it all worth it for me! 

1000

I only hope the same was so for the bride!!

12 comments:

Brooke said...

That's a great picture! Wedding photography is super scary to me, and I give you made props for going out and giving it your all.

Rob said...

That is a pretty cool picture! Great shot.

Katrina said...

I love the picture! I have done wedding photography for years, and it is awful when it rains!! I hate indoor shots, dealing with lighting and shadows...a nightmare!

Let's see some more pics!

*Jess* said...

That is a great shot!

Bridget said...

Love that shot! Would love to see some more if and when you can!

Kimmy said...

AB.SO.LUTELY GORGEOUS!!!!! I can totally see why you are proud of this picture. Stunning!

Stacey said...

Love it! Great pic!

S.I.F. said...

Nikki! That is the kind of stuff you see on Wedding Mags! I love it! Everything about it!!

Way to go lady!

Scott S. said...

Very Very nice

heidi said...

Told ya on FB and I'll tell ya here - THAT is an awesome shot. :-)

Laura said...

Such a creative picture! I love it! It's so crystal clear too. I'm sure the rest of the pictures are amazing!!!

Kameron said...

I love that picture! If I was the bride I would be super happy. You going to put any more on your photography site?