Thursday, December 23, 2010

Happy Holidays…

I didn’t do a Christmas card this year!

I know…ridiculous!

It’s my favorite part of the season.  The only thing I look forward to about Christmas, and I didn’t do it. 

I have been seriously bummed about it.  It was a combination of me being too busy with school, and then, too busy with photo shoots (read:  working on other people’s Christmas cards)…with a big fat helping of Jake being too scared that this year’s card wouldn’t be good enough! 

We cracked under the pressure, and didn’t do one. 

I was whining about it on facebook, and one of my buddies challenged me to whip one up real quick.  This is what I came up with on the spot…

Merry Whatever-it-is You Celebrate!!

Card2010

10 comments:

Scott S. said...

Your such a whiner. Crying ass. "This is what I came up with" It looks good. Stop fishing. Get back to work, school, whatever it is you do and well just get back.

Hope you all have a great christmas. Thats what we celebrate

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas Nikki!
Enjoy yourself a little break!

Julie said...

Ive been waiting to see your Christmas card...love the "whipped up" card :)

Bridget said...

You did great!!

Merry Christmas :D

Stacey said...

Great job of whipping something up! Merry CHRISTmas!

Tessa said...

ahahahahhaha. Good luck with all that too!
i'll enjoy the fleeting moments of it between the chaos. Merry merry!

Auntie Mip said...

That is skill...LOVE the card. I have never commented on your blog before but I really enjoy it. I am a nurse...in my 23rd year...you will make it and you will LOVE it. Blessings to your family and wishing you a merry whatever you celebrate as well!

Nikki B. said...

scott - dude...easy! merry christmas, dammit!

melissa - thank you! i hope yours is grand! ;)

julie - well, it'll just have to do this year! hoping to spend a little more time on next year's!

bridget - thanks! how are you feeling?!

stacey - thanks! hope you guys have a good one!

tessa - exactly...fleeting moments. they're the ones that get me through!

auntie mip - thank so much for commenting and for the encouragement! it means a lot...lord knows i need it! every day when i get home from school, i have a sit down with myself...asking myself if this is really what i want to do!! so far, the answers have always been yes. and now, i'm too deep in to change my mind...so...i'm going for it!!

hope you have a merry one!!

Kimmy said...

Boy, I have been out of the loop these days. Migraines will do that to you.

Anyways, I agree....great job on this card!!

Hope you had a great holiday and have a FABulous New Year tomorrow!!!!

HUGS

S.I.F. said...

Not too bad for something you came up with on the fly friend! You really do have such a beautiful family! :)