Wednesday, December 1, 2010

An education…

I’m not the only one in the family being educated in the healthcare field, as of today. 

My son, the 11 year old pre-perv, is currently…like, right now, as I type this…researching the topic of breast cancer.  I wrote out a few questions, like, “What is breast cancer?”  “How many women die each year from breast cancer?”  “Who is at risk for breast cancer?”  “What are the best preventative measures against breast cancer?”  And, “How do doctors treat breast cancer?” 

Now, if my boy still wants one of those DAMNED bracelets, maybe it’ll be for the right reasons. 

Wait…strike that.  He’s still a hormone infused boy. 

I guess, at least, he’ll be a boobie grabbin’ perv, who’s educated on the subject.  Offering breast exams, instead of just flat out grabbing them. 

That’s something maybe I could live with.

Maybe… 

6 comments:

Tracy said...

hey you have a good point there.

Sarah Q said...

I read your last post to my husband and he was all like 'what's wrong with a boy wanting to grab some boobies!?!?'.

I immediately smacked him upside the head. He deserved it. :)

All that said... I am surprised that they are allowing those bracelets to be worn at school!!!

Melinda said...

Well, I'm having my second mammogram today, and they are concerned enough to be following it up with an ultrasound right after. I'm freaking out. I could video the whole process and he could see a woman faced with testing. Not pretty I'm sure, but realistic.

Kameron said...

I'm a big fan of natural consequences. Good job mom. I think maybe if understands the seriousness of it, he will be less likey to treat it like a joke. Or not since he's 11 and a boy, but either way a great effort!

heidi said...

Go you! I love that.

Kimmy said...

That is awesome!! What a great way to utilize his interest in something!!! Good job!