Thursday, October 21, 2010

Back in the runnin’…

It looks like I might be back in the running for Mother of the Year for 2010.  After today, in fact, I’m in pretty good standing. 

Jake was working from home today, so we went out to lunch.  A friend that Jake plays ball with happened to be there with his wife, so we sat at the bar with them, on a Thursday afternoon, and kicked back a couple. 

That doesn’t exactly put me in the running, but, this next part does…

Jake’s phone rang and I noticed that it was the school.  Immediately thinking that one of my heathen boys were into trouble, I answered the call. 

It was actually Lily’s teacher.  Calling for our scheduled phone conference.  That I’d forgotten about.  Caught off guard, and pretending that I hadn’t forgotten about our appointment, I chatted with Lily’s teacher. 

When I hung up, it dawned on me that I’d just had a parent/teacher conference AT A BAR! 

At a FREAKIN’ BAR!!

I should start working on my acceptance speech now!!

3 comments:

Scott S. said...

At least you guys were not at the cucumber store. That might have been weird.

How is Jake liking his Rangers being this close to the Big SHow

S.I.F. said...

Could be worse... remember Sweet Home Alabama?!? "You've got a baby! In a bar!"

Love it.

Parent teacher conferences in a bar are nothing... at least your kids weren't with you! :)

Kameron said...

But did you pull it off?? If so then you definitely qualify for the award! It's multitasking at its finest!